My dearest love (letter)

Once again, you came to me with open arms. The air was warm, as was your hand that caressed my face – your fingers that gently traced my lips. It was so good to see you when, after all this time I thought, that you had forgotten about the love we shared and held in our hearts so deeply.

I hate it when I open my eyes and find that you’re not here anymore. After all these months, you’d think I’d be used to it by now.

I’m not. I don’t think I’ll ever be.

I wonder if your world plays a symphony of sadness the way my world does. Do you know what it’s like to cry yourself to sleep each night?

I’m sorry that I wasn’t with you when you departed. You know I would have been beside you had I known you would be leaving. The time and day were kept secret, though, as were my feelings for you. I guess I should have told you I love you when you where here to listen.

Now you are too far away for me to say what I’ve always felt.

Death has taken you from me, but death cannot deny me of my dreams of you. I will wait for you each night when I lay down to go to sleep.

Yes, I will wait, and I will always love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment