external damage


External damage, superficial cuts
inflicted to hide the gaping wounds internal.
physical scars to show wounds that never heal
trust is lost, perhaps never to be regained.
taken from me, all that was left
broken inside and out
desperate to escape the pain
shadows linger where light once shown
dark clouds obstruct my eyes
never again whole, forever shattered and lost
damage nonrepairable
numb me on the inside
let me escape the memories in my mind
take me on the waves in the sea of dampened pain
peace is a lie, only distilled pain can i gain
myself was stolen from me, never to be regained
all that's left is the emptiness and pain

1 comment:

  1. "myself was stolen from me, never to be regained
    all that's left is the emptiness and pain"

    the way things turn out sometimes leaves us wanting. Sometimes the non repairable things can be revived and made beautiful. External scars versus internal turmoil, how do we get to this point sometimes? Man, I hope things are okay. Sometimes one person shouldn't be allowed to leave this much damage.

    ReplyDelete