A Mark

In my eyes everyone can see the pain
They see the stain across my heart
They see where I was lied to and then they see the truth,
yes they see both marks.

They stand back as a voyer, they watch with no response
does that make them guilty of the sin that was just done?
They tell its going to be ok
They say "its her he loves"
The glare i get confronts me
once again i feel undone...

For days we go without speaking
this is very rare for us
i don't want the friendship to end this way
but i'm lost for what to say
do i put it all on the line
or do we let fate choose our way

I pick up the phone but feel compelled to put it down
I care enough about you so why do i feel like a clown?
Surely i can explain and hopefully ease you pain
but what i'm scared of most is putting another mark on your heart and one on mine.

1 comment:

  1. "i don't want the friendship to end this way
    but i'm lost for what to say
    do i put it all on the line
    or do we let fate choose our way"

    Man, have I been there.

    "but what i'm scared of most is putting another mark on your heart and one on mine."

    Are all marks a bad thing though they be painful at first?

    ReplyDelete