Goodbye to my best friend

I write this in your memory...

You saw right through the mask I wore
Heard the truth behind my muffled words
You gave me hope when I had none
And held me high when I pushed myself down

I swore we'd be together forever
Always creating new and better memories
A lasting bond that only we could share
Like sisters from the same family

But like all good things, this had to end
Lies and deception began to replace the love
Hatred grew behind your eyes everyday
Until our bond was torn apart, forever

If I cried, would you care?
If I screamed, would you hear me?
Do you dream of me when you sleep?
Do you still see my face behind your eyes?

It's hard to move forward
Knowing tougher days are ahead
I never imagined going through life
Without my best friend at my side

Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment