Murder of Love (for Duke)

Murderer
I am hanging on to life support
And slowly I felt my pulse dropping
My heart began slowing down
I could feel the tears burning me internally
My tears precipitate like the rainfall
The tears welded up in my eyes,
Rolled down my cheek and landed on the floor
It sounded like gunshots in the distance
With this, I felt an unfamiliar spirit
It was death it was stalking me,
I began to breathe uncontrollably as I felt it grabbing me
In the most violent way possible,
I felt like life was seeping through me
I now knew what was meant by
Your life just flashed in front of you
In that moment that is what had happened
Just a few day ago me an my partner for life had the best days of our life
Laughing, smiling like little children and enjoying life
Five years, a long time and I didn’t know it ended until
My thoughts were interrupted when I saw myself standing in front of my body
It wasn’t the out of body experience I thought I had
But the resounding sound of the flat line going off
Confirmed my deepest fear.
I could hear faintly the Doctors calling out my name
I watched then my already limp body looking tear stricken and my face swollen
I looked pale and peaceful,
Did I just experience death?
How am I going to face the judgment seat?
What was I about to say about my life?
Was I going to confess to whom have murdered me?
Sin is Sin but Could I ever forgive the most unforgivable sin
The murder of Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment